TCAction partners with low-income households and individuals as they develop to their full potential.
Tompkins Community Action
Today, we are implementing and integrating 28 programs that serve over 6,000 low-income individuals and families each year.
- 1964: We begin as a small grassroots effort to improve the lives
of low-income children and their families in Ithaca, NY.
- 1966: We incorporate as the Economic Opportunity
- 1966: One of our first programs is a county-wide Head Start Program that continues to this day.
- 1979: We begin providing the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- 1980: We begin administering Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers.
- 1998: We rename our agency Tompkins Community Action.
- 2000: Our After School Programs open to students at Boynton and DeWitt Middle Schools.
- 2010: We are awarded funding to expand Supportive Housing services, and to begin a new Early Head Start Program.